M. K. Theodoratus, Fantasy Writer, blogs about the books she reads--mostly fantasy and mystery authors whose books catch her eye and keep her interest. Nothing so formal as a book review, just chats about what she liked. Theodoratus also mutters about her own writing progress or ... lack of it.

.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Cover Art 's Here & More

Cover Art
Taking Vengeance:

Artwork: Marge Simon

Don't know what progress has been made on getting the printing on the cover.  I thought I'd wait until today to bug the publisher ...  after I take my friends good jewelry to the estate buyer ... and whatever else rears its time-consuming head.  I think I'm going to get five chapters revised today?

One thing surprised me.  The WolfSinger Publications site mentions the book is coming out in trade paperback ... or maybe that got misplaced from another pub.  Another thing I have to ask them about.

Okay.  I have trailers on the mind too, just one reason why I enjoyed Got YA's blog on book trailers so much.  Actually, they've posted 20 reasons to like their blog.

My trailer for Taking Vengeance?  The script is done and the work under way.  My daughter will be doing the music.  Fortunately, she has a huge number of special effects pedals.  They were made of guitars, but she's used them to good effect with her harp.  Yeah, I'll be posting it along the side.

All in all, I don't know what I'm learning here -- except to paddle fast enough to keep my head above water.

Once I get "Taking Vengeance" semi-settled, I'll be self-publishing a short story which has been rejected by all the major and semi-major- paying zines.  Another Half-Elven story:  Cavern Between Worlds.  "They" say sales increase with the number of e-offerings you have listed ... but I don't think "they" mean that two pieces are enough.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be posting your trailer here, yes? Looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Milo. and YouTube, Vimeo [sp?], Facebook, Twitter, AW Water Cooler, and ???? *shrug* wherever else I come up with. Maybe even MySpace though I thought that was defunct.

Guess I'm going to be shouting from the rooftops whenever I can. I hope I don't fall off.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Nice cover art, Kay. I'm especially partial to the swirling blue where it looks like something mysterious is not quite visible but definitely there.

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Kay, I've been studying the matter of e-book sales. Those making a lot of money have eight to nine books available. It goes to the idea, that if someone reads one book and likes it they look for others by the same author and then they start telling others about the books. I'm excited for you.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Unknown said...

Nancy: I'm a little excited myself. I don't plan on making lots of money ... but I'm working on a couple of short stories to go up with "Taking Vengeance". One may be long enough to be considered a novelette.

Also, I'll be studying the ways you promoted your book. Already got one great idea from you regarding tags.